Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Who Remembers the Raleigh Wildcat?

Back in the late 80's and early 90's there was only one bike to be seen on... The Raleigh Wildcat.

This awesome bit of kit was all the rage on my street back in the day, not only did it have a cool mud guard above the rear wheel, a reflector resembling a rear brake light, a kick stand, the meanest 5 spoke wheels, but it also had its very own sound effects activated by a touch of a button on the handle bars.

I remember the day my Wildcat met its maker. It involved a make shift ramp, detaching handle bars and a tree. Lets just say the cat never felt the pavement below its wheels again!

This legendary bike will always remain strong in my childhood memories and I am surprised they have not released a new kids bike similar to it since.

No comments:

Post a Comment